Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Its Aint Over Till Its Over

Hahahahahaa... I am letting out a sigh of relief thinking about my groupwork facilitation exercise. At last, I am done with the presentation and now I need to spend some time doing up the essay to be submitted together. I was so nervous and anxious about this whole thing that I felt the stress hitting me high time. No one might notice but my heart jumped really fast the past weeks whenever I thought about this groupwork thing. Well, the lecturer told the class that we should not go too deep into psycoeducation or therapeutic groupwork due to our lack of knowledge and skills. So we are allowed to present scenerios like meetings, discussions, cooking demonstrations, etc. I feel that these are not really what the real groupwork do. As far as we understand, groupwork involves facilitation of support groups, psychoeducation, group therapy, etc. But then, we are also doing groupwork but content is just different from what counsellors or social workers would do. Nevertheless, it was a fun presentation. Not that I expected because my partner and I were too nervous and we decided to make the whole thing light-hearted so that we could relax a little. Many of our classmates did not think that we were that nervous and all of us had a great time. I am glad that the lecturer thought we did a great job! YAY!!!


Some snaps to share...




This is Gaik Suan, our lecturer.

Me and Jeannie presented the slides.

Jeannie and I demonstrated salad making.

That is Billy and his orange, sharing with us about goodness of this fruit.

All group members were helping themselves with the fruits and salads.

By the way, our group objective was to promote healthy eating lifestyle. So we presented slides with ways of healthy eating and reasons to why healthy eating habits are important. Hmmm... I think I really got to be serious about what I had shared with my classmates too!!!

No comments: