Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dad is Admitted !!

Poor Dad. Pain at the abdomen started on Monday and he beared with it. He could not take it anymore and went to see the family doctor. In the night, the pain persisted and my brother sent him to the ED. Stubbornly, he refused to admit when the doctor told him that he required further investigation and admission would be a better choice than outpatient follow-up. So he was discharged home at his own risk. The doctor gave him a checklist and a letter so that he could return to ED if the pain never subside. So things did not go the way Dad expected. He went back to ED and got admitted. The doctor told him that he would be going through some scans and await for Endoscopy if necessary. Dad was really worried and afraid of going through tests and tests. He was a stroke patient some years back and he did not like the way he was being treated in the hospital as he felt like an experimental object. Nevertheless, I explained to him the importance of going through all those investigations for the sake of his well-being. Hmmm... See how it goes. Our family hoped that he would be safe and fine.



Dad at TTSH Ward 11

Brother and I were trying to make him relax by snapping some pics. I only posted one up here. I thought I was being sadistic. But hey, take it easy, wont we? There is nothing much we can do cos' feeling worried and sad cannot solve anything. Just relax and let Him decide.

Another funny thing, the staff actually thought my Dad is Malay cos' they saw me, wearing the tudung! They got confused when they saw my brother and asked how we are related! Really funny for us to try to explain...

No comments: