Monday, October 23, 2006

Celebration Rantings !!!

The Blinking Lights




Chicken Rendang, Sambal Goreng and Serunding



Handmade Ketupat


Assorted handmade cookies

It has been a busy day. Although I only worked half-day and went back early, I helped out my mum-in-law and the maid to prepare the ingredients to cook the food for Hari Raya Puasa. Well, we managed to finish cooking by 11pm. Not too bad. The cookies were done at a much earlier date and they look so nice.

The house is also decorated with the blinking lights. Hub and I went to the bazaar at Geylang and bought those lights for $25. The place was so overwhelming. You got to be there to experience the crowds and the stuffs they sell. One visit for me is enough. Crowded places like this is not my cup of tea. I would not go unless Im there to buy something. Luckily I got the lights or else...

Honestly, I just want to get over and done with it. I do not know if there will be a lot of people visiting. Im not anti-social. My barrier is the language as I cannot speak proper Malay. Its very sad to say. Im really afraid that those relatives or friends start the conversation in Malay and Im always stuck with how to answer them. So for me, its better not to speak if you are not sure or do not understand much. But then, people may think Im unfriendly. So most of the time, I feel like Im smiling like an idiot. Anyways, enough of ranting... seems like going out of the topic here.

I miss my late father-in-law. Its going to be one year since the day he passed on. Im expecting sad moment when we are going to ask for forgiveness from my mum-in-law the next morning. I will never forget his wise and always right advice. A great man to remember. And I always respect him in my heart. What can I do... just got to go through it every year.

Miss my sister-in-law too. As she is expecting and experiencing morning sickness, Im just wondering how she is coping at Australia everyday. Well, she has a big guy to stand by her and make sure he takes care of her well. So, sis, if you are reading this, Im looking forward to meet you again, with your baby and big guy...

No comments: