Sunday, October 22, 2006

ALMOST

The fasting month is coming to an end. Tomorrow will be the last day of fasting. So far, I missed two days of fast because I was having terrible migraines in mid-day and I just gotta pop that pill. Hopefully, I can still hold on till the last day of Ramadhan. I need to remember to 'pay back' the two days that I have missed. Being a Chinese Muslim, Im not into the mood of what the Malay Muslims are here, celebrating the new month of Shawal. Many people, especially the non-muslims think that it is a new year celebration. Not true, the new Islamic year is not Shawal but Muharram. So people celebrate the first of Shawal because it signifies the break of fasting month, Ramadhan. Although its been six years, Im still not used to the Malay cultures. Im not really interested, honestly. But what other choices do I have since my husband is a Malay Muslim and I have to learn the ropes from my mother-in-law. Well, she has been very patient and nice to me. But I can feel that she seems to worry about me too. Most of the time, I will go with the flow, like monkey sees, monkey does. And I do asked whats and whys. The rationale cannot seems to etch onto my head. I would like to visit the Chinese Muslims in China. I know there are plenty of them there. I have watched the documentaries about them and still prefer the Chinese Muslim cultures. They are way too simple and easy to follow. Anyway, Im not complaining. Be it Chinese, Malay, Indian or any other races of Muslims, we have only one thing in common which is our love and faith in Islam. Other things are just minor. Our strength and to uphold the rights and stands of all Muslim beliefs should be taken. And most of all, I want to tell the world that we are not even close to terrorism.

No comments: