Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On Medical Leave Again

I woke up this morning feeling feverish and painful at that spot which Prof did an biopsy. I really hate biopsy now. When I read my biopsy report that day, I realised that Prof had cut out about 1 cm of flesh from that most sensitive spot. No wonder it is so painful than the other spot where there was laser treatment given. I really could not tolerate as I have finished my antibiotics and decided to go and seek a doctor's advice if it is infected. I went to my company clinic and told the doctor on duty my whole story and he decided to inspect the area. So there is indeed some infection. He gave me 2 new doses of antibiotics and 2 other types of painkillers, plus 3 days of medical leave. ARGH! I really do not like it. I sympathise my colleagues who are helping me out even though they are already so busy with their work. (Thanks to Kelly for being my silent supporter and my dear supervisor, Melissa for standing by with me all the time! ) I just feel incompetent and wanting to leave my job. At least, the department can employ someone who is not sick like me. ARGH! Although my condition is more stable, the pre-cancer cells are gone. I am still on a tight schedule of following up, in every 3 to 4 weeks time frame. My entitled sick leave has exhausted and I need to use my annual leave to clear my medical leave. I plan to go for a short trip to Sydney to meet my sister-in-law at the end of the year but looking at my leave, I think it is kinda hard! At work, my morale is not getting higher each day. Luckily, I still have my studies and the thoughts of my hubby to look forward to. Now, my focus is to finish up my studies and plan to move over to KL to join hubby. I may join his company in research team. Although I have marketing background, I did not practise it after I finished my studies in that area. I love human services and has been exploring this area in the healthcare industry. But I guess, sometimes we need to make some sacrifices when it is time. Oh well... I am going to miss many people around!

No comments: