Wednesday, May 02, 2007

No Time! No Time!

So this is what happened. After so many months of absence, and my friends' constant nagging of when I would be updating my blog, I finally tried. Oh please, Im not being forced to do it, I realised too that its time for an update.

What has been going on with my life, my daily routine?

First of all, my family. My Filipina maid has decided to call it quits this time. After she had come back from her short holidays, she told me that she decided to change her industry of work. She is trained in the F&B industry back home and would love to explore more than just being a domestic worker. Also, taking care of my granny can be quiet stressful as she is demented. So I was kind of worrying for a few months prior to her departure. Also through a kind friend, she is actually my mother-in-law's maid, who introduced another maid to me, she is from Indonesia. I had bad experience with Indonesian maids. Well, I met up with her and brought her to meet my granny who seemed to like her very much. So I decided to take a risk. Furthermore, she had worked in Hong Kong for a couple of years before coming to Singapore, so she could speak a bit of dialects and Mandarin, most importantly, she could communicate with my granny! So about two weeks ago, she joined my family.



Dad's 67th Birthday Cake !!!


We also celebrated my Dad's 67th birthday, on 16 April. It did not occurred to me that my Dad is already that old! He has been an active person and very independent. Although he suffered two strokes before, Im grateful that he has been able to get back to his feet and started to walk. His only wish is to grow old gracefully without being a burden to any famliy members. But I think his memory maybe failing him sooner. He is getting forgetful these days and I pray that he would not become like my granny.

Apart from these two significance events that happened, all have been peaceful and everyday passes like no one ever noticed. I believed that there might be changes soon in the household. I have a feeling that my brother maybe getting married soon. This would be another episode to talk about.

No comments: