Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Healing Conversation

I was browsing with Hanzy at the bookshop today during lunchtime when I came across one book, "HEALING CONVERSATION". It is not just about what to say when you do not know what to say. I believe the content will be very interesting. As a matter of fact, it should offer great comfort for those who are dealing with or going through periods of sadness, loss, pain or anger. Its just like a first aid kit for times when words are hard to come by. When you need to speak with someone who is going through moments when things gone wrong or amiss and when matters of heart is concerned.

I could not wait till after office hour. Nope, Im not going to buy that book yet. I had done a search on the library website and found that the book is available at the library near my place. So I went to the library after work and am so glad that I managed to get it!

I will buy the book if its really helpful. I think it will be. For my jobscope, I meet people who are distressed everyday. Talking to these people need lots of patience and understanding because they are seeking assistance and advices. They are mostly stuck in their realm of uncertainties and desperations. It can be mentally exhausting everyday. I need detachment. I want to learn how to support others without fixing, rescuing or judging.

No comments: