Sunday, February 24, 2008

Leap Of Love ... Do You Have The Faith?

When I watched the trailer on the TV, I thought that I must watch the film. Yes. I have a weakness for local production stories, except anything by Mr Jack Neo because I cannot detact that humor he was trying to create except that movie, MONEY NOT ENOUGH. I think that was good and I think in was his production, he did not really 'go overboard' to create an awareness among Singaporeans about how important money is and how money can change a person's outlook of life.

Anyway, I watched the film, adapted by Ms Catherine Lim's infamous books, The Leap Of Love which the film is called THE LEAP YEARS. I found it a little familiar when I watched the show, I should have known better because I have that book which I stored in a box. I read it some time back but I just could not recall. But you know what, the first thing that attracted me to the story was not the story itself, the TV trailer played a fantastic piece of score by a famous Japanese musician, Sakamoto Ryuichi. The piece is called: Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. I think many of you will know this piece of music when you hear it as I believe that it has been used in some other films before. So I should say, a good piece of music does great deal to a film. It could bring out the height of a story and create a rush in our emotion. And a perfect combination will just blow you away. Well, at least it does for me.

I went for a Japanese cruisine after the film with my girlfriend. It has been a long time since I ate ramen. So we tried at RAMEN TEN, a halal Japanese restuarant. Not bad to say, but the food is a little salty for my taste. I had Oyaku Chicken Ramen while my girlfriend had the spicy one that was really hot but not oily. I find that Japanese spicy food are not very oily, not like our local way of cooking curry stuff.

The next show I want to watch is THE KITE RUNNER. I think it will be still on till next week. I hope I can find time today to watch it or maybe on Tuesday evening. I will be back to update soon.

No comments: