Sunday, September 03, 2006

Smell Of Rain.. and my ArtyFart feelings.


I watched the movie SMELL OF RAIN (http://smellofrainmovie.com/) yesterday with 3 of my colleagues at THE ART HOUSE (http://www.theartshouse.com.sg/home.html).
It was my first time there, originally was the Old Parliament House. It has a nice arty ambience which I fall in love with. It reminds me of the days when I was studying at LaSalle-SIA College of Arts. I used to draw and paint very much. I did not know why I stop suddenly. I guess its the demand and changes in certain aspect of life. But my love for arts will never die.

Personally I like the mandarin movie very much. It is simple story about a lonely young man, Xiao Qi who was trapped in his childhood grief of being abandoned by his mother, on a night before the rain started. It was that smell before rain which he hated as it would remind him of such unhappiness. He had a childhood best friend, Kong Long who shared the world of their own. Then a girl, Li Er appeared that brought along remembrance of love and pain into their lives. At the end of the story, what it wanted to convey is to find the courage for new love and hope and to put the past behind so as to carry on with new life.

It was the last day of screening so I am not sure if it will be shown anywhere again. Maybe it might be released on VCD or DVD. Its worth to watch if you like something slow and melancholy.

No comments: